Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Alert: Stopping Windows SharePoint Services Web Application discards customizations of SharePoint Web Applications!

Be aware of the following:

When stopping the Windows SharePoint Services Web Application, in SharePoint Central Administration, all customizations to the web-application, such as DNS, Port, Host Headers etc. will be discarded. Along with this, all changes on web.config files will also be replaced with the original one.

After I experienced this on my own, I came across another blog, discussing the very same topic. Follow this link to read more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Business Card